Thank you for making our SXSW awesome! Successful party, loads of schwag given away (along with a trip to Fiji), and a giant check!
We’re still recovering from the marathon week at SXSW Interactive, but now that we’ve gotten a chance to catch our breath, we’d like to thank you for making it so awesome.
Let us count the ways:
- Fabulous partnership with SocialCam and Airbnb to give away a private island vacation in Fiji (we designed a nifty in-flight guide, then broke down how we made it) and the fine gentleman who won it did so by licking an iPad.
- You showed the love in your surge flight searches to and from Austin.
- The “Search Party” we co-hosted with Chomp and Blekko was a blast by all accounts, though I didn’t actually get inside until it was over, the crowd waiting in line outside was incredibly patient (and thus deluged with as much hipmunk schwag as I could give them). Our walking & hugging chipmunk mascot also did a fabulous job entertaining as we kept up with fire marshall capacity regulations. But boy was he tired from a long night of partying. Pictures below.
- Loads of reporters were excited to meet the team; we only hope we were intelligible enough to be decent interview subjects. One of the first to publish was Inc., which you can read here.
- We won the “Innovative Web Technology” category of the SXSW Accelerator contest, which earned us a giant check for $4,000! Thank you, judges. And a big thank you to all of you who’ve been supporting us along the way. Getting it home was an interesting challenge, though. See below.
- I’ve personally been incredibly impressed by the outpouring of love I receive when I introduce myself as someone from team hipmunk. We hear you loud and clear, hipmunks, your travel search experience has been too agonizing for too long. We’re here to help. It was inspiring for our team to meet so many of you in Austin and hear just how happy our site makes you. Let us know if you’re ever not adoring hipmunk!
See the full gallery on Posterous OK, back to work! We’ve noticed a lot of activity on the facebook fan page lately. Please stop by and say hello on our wall.