Avoid the Rental Car Shuttle Agony at Philadelphia Int’l Airport
“Hey Yo Adrian!” Hipmunk travels a lot, including to Philly, and we’re always on the lookout for reducing agony while on the road.
A helpful agent at the National Rental Car counter informed us that if we “Just walk across the grass and over to the sidewalk, past the parking garage payment booths.” we would find the rental car offices. I tightened my back-pack and gave the Tumi luggage a snappy tug and we were off.
Ready, savvy travelers?…
Here’s how you avoid the agony of waiting for the rental car shuttle:
1) Exit the terminal and walk towards the parking garage and ground transportation signs.
2) Walk across the bridge, over the departures drop-off, as you would normally in this situation.
3) Walk outside to the curb, where you would normally wait for the primary rental car center vans [Avis, Enterprise, Hertz, and National].
4) DONʼT get on the van!
5) Turn right and start walking with traffic towards the exit. You should be heading toward the area where you can see the garage toll plaza/booths are located. Just walk along the sidewalk here.
6) At the end of the sidewalk, cut-over to the grassy area then hoof-it across to the location where you’ll be parallel with the rental car agency gates.
7) Once you’re on the grassy area, you’re almost there! Now, this is where you’ll need to cross the street very carefully! Try to cross at the narrowest section of the street and aim for the grassy area on the other side of the street – where all of the shiny new rental cars are waiting for your arrival. Vroom!